- A private, nonprofit organization in operation since 1982
- Recognized by The IRS as a 501 (c) 3 tax exempt organization
- Governed by a Board of Directors
- Seeks food donations, distributes to local charitable programs
- Efficient operations: only 3% of all resources support operating costs
- Certified member of America's Second Harvest-The Nation's Foodbank Network since 1983
- Founded 1982
It’s in the numbers…
70 million pounds distributed since 1982
- 6.5 million pounds distributed in 2009
- 35,000 bags of food distributed to school children in need each year
- 5,000 volunteer hours contributed annually
- 25,000 square feet of warehouse and office space at central location in Moline, Illinois
- 45,000, meals a year served to hungry children.
- 300+ community agencies that serve on-site meals and/or food bags for their clients in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois rely upon the foodbank as an important source of food.
Member Agencies include food pantries, kids café, residential treatment centers, homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, daycare and after school programs and more.
Food Sources include growers, producers, manufacturers, retailers, individuals donations, food drives and the USDA commodities.