River Bend Food Bank leverages partnerships with regional distributors, manufacturers, and retailers to rescue unsold food and to purchase food products in bulk at deeply discounted prices. Instead of going to a store to get food to donate, please consider giving a monetary gift of any size that the Food Bank can use to buy from our suppliers – every $1 donated we can turn into FIVE meals!
MOST-NEEDED FOOD ITEMS
If you have food in your home that you know you won’t eat or that has reached its “Best By” date, don’t throw it away! River Bend Food Bank gladly accepts food past the date on the label as long as it’s unopened and the packaging isn’t bulging, has an odor, or is rusted.
The following is a list of some of the most-needed items at our network’s pantries:
- Canned meats
- Canned stews and chili
- Peanut butter
- Canned soups
- Canned tuna and chicken
- Canned vegetables and fruits
WHERE DOES YOUR FOOD DONATION GO?
FOOD INDUSTRY DONATIONS
Did your store buy too much? Do you have seasonal items you need to move to make room for new products? Does your restaurant have extra food you won’t use? Let us rescue it!
River Bend Food Bank sources food donations from manufacturers, distributors, grocers, and other local and regional businesses to make sure no food goes to waste. Show your social responsibility by donating excess food to the Food Bank so it gets to children and adults experiencing hunger in our community.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Contact us to let us know what you would like to donate so we can determine how best to accommodate it (we can accept everything from single boxes of cereal to full truckloads of fresh produce or proteins);
- We will work with you to schedule delivery of your donation to one of our warehouses, to a partner food pantry directly, or have your items picked up by our drivers;
- Depending on the quantity and frequency of your donation, we can coordinate a regular drop-off time/day (we gladly accept one-time or ongoing donations of perishable and non-perishable items!);
- You receive a receipt for your donation and, if accepted at one of our warehouses, the items are placed in our inventory system for our 400 hunger-relief partners to select to get to people in need in their communities.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Get the latest news and updates, see upcoming events and volunteer opportunities, and be the first to learn about new programs and services!