Expanding Our Capacity to Sustain Momentum
- Freezer and refrigerator spaces: Doubling the cooler and freezer area doubles the space in which to store essential fresh produce and frozen proteins, the healthiest food available.
- Training room: This space provides enough room to host essential food safety trainings for our 300 partner agencies and brings volunteer groups together for educational opportunities.
Growing Programs to Meet Future Needs
- Exceeding best practices for efficiency and food safety: To support and protect the hundreds of agency partners who face the elements year-round to pick up daily and weekly food distributions, this campaign creates a covered, secure, accessible pick up area.
- Dedicated volunteer space: More than 4,400 volunteers donate their time each year to complement staff energy and make sure hungry neighbors have food they need. Creating a devoted area with appropriate workstations and space allows larger volunteer groups to safely and comfortably perform this crucial and valuable work.
- Collaborative work area: Expanding our capacity to serve the community means adding team members to carry out essential work. This space enhances collaboration and ensures sustained support for future program needs.
Exceeding Best Practices
- Segregated food receipt area: A segregated area in which to receive new food deliveries meets best practice standards for food safety and enhances building security.
- Consolidated delivery access: Creating a single, secure delivery area for the 60+ regular semi-trucks bringing food to the warehouse increases food security and meets best practice standards for food defense, while providing a clear access point for large deliveries.
- Centralized building access: An expanded, staffed lobby area provides a welcoming experience for visitors, volunteers, and agency partners. A secure, single point of entry prevents unauthorized building access and enhances food and building safety.