Do you live in Iowa? Connect with our Iowa SNAP Outreach staff to apply for SNAP in Iowa.

Apply for Iowa SNAP


Step 1: Submit an application with Illinois DHS. Complete the application online, or call the IL SNAP hotline number at: 1-800-843-6154 (Voice), Nextalk 1-800-324-5553, 711 TTY Relay.
Step 2: Complete an over-the-phone interview with Illinois DHS’ Family Community Resource Center (FCRC) coordinator and provide requested documentation. You’ll be contacted with an appointment time beforehand.
Step 3: You should receive a notice of decision within 30 days from the day the application is submitted to DHS. If you’re not contacted within 30 days, reach out to your local FCRC office. If you’re denied SNAP benefits, the reason for denial should be listed on the notice of decision. If it does not seem accurate you have the right to appeal.
*It is important to notify the Department of Human Services of any address, income, or asset changes.


Fill out this short form to request an appointment with our SNAP Outreach Coordinator. We can answer questions about SNAP, discuss potential eligibility for benefits, and complete the SNAP benefits application confidentially over the phone.

    How can we contact you? (select all that apply)

    When can we contact you? (select all that apply)


    Applicants for SNAP in Illinois and Iowa should be aware there is NEVER a fee to apply for benefits. Be on the lookout for ads on the internet falsely offering to help fill out applications in exchange for any kind of fee.
    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
    (1) mail: U.S. Department of AgricultureOffice of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
    (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
    (3) email.
    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



    Get the latest news and updates, see upcoming events and volunteer opportunities, and be the first to learn about new programs and services!